The T-34 Mentor was developed as a private venture by the Beechcraft company in the late 1940s as an inexpensive alternative to the North American T-6 Texan. The T-34A was produced for the U.S. Air Force beginning in 1953, and the T-34B for the U.S. Navy began production two years later. Both versions were powered by piston engines. Nearly two thousand were built by factories in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and Argentina by 1959. The T-34C was developed in the 1973 at the request of the U.S. Navy and featured a change to a turbo-prop engine and other modernizations. This version was built up until 1990.
Training Air Wing 4 (TAW-4,) Naval Air Station Corpus Christy, Texas, 2011
Pima Air & Space Museum
Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.
Charity EIN: 86-6031135
Copyright © 2019
Website by CS Design Studios
6000 E. Valencia Road Tucson, AZ 85756
Open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Daily Last admittance at 3:00pm