Based on the commercial CV-240 airliner the T-29 entered service with the U.S Air Force in 1950 as a navigation and radar trainer. They were modified with several astrodomes in the top of the fuselage for the student navigators to practice celestial navigation. Two years later the improved T-29B introduced a pressurized cabin with accommodation for ten navigation students and four student radar operators. The T-29 remained in service until the mid 1970s.
U.S. Navy, Training Squadron 29 (VT-29), Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Texas, 1966
Pima Air & Space Museum
Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.
Charity EIN: 86-6031135
Copyright © 2019
Website by CS Design Studios
6000 E. Valencia Road Tucson, AZ 85756
Open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Daily Last admittance at 3:00pm