The Fleet biplane trainers came into existence in 1928 as the Consolidated Model 14. It is a civilian trainer loosely based on the military PT-3 and NY-1 trainers. In 1929, Consolidated turned production over to a subsidiary company named after Consolidated’s president Ruben Fleet. All the Fleet models are basically identical with the only difference being the engine installed on each model. The Fleets proved to be very popular trainers throughout the 1930s and into the early 1940s. Approximately 1,250 of all versions were built.
Gilpen & Greenway Air Lines, Tucson, Arizona 1934
Pima Air & Space Museum
Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.
Charity EIN: 86-6031135
Copyright © 2022
Website by CS Design Studios