In 1932 the newly formed Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau G.m.b.h. introduced the Fw-44 two-seat trainer for use by the emerging Luftwaffe. The Stieglitz proved to be an excellent trainer and several hundred were built for the Luftwaffe between 1932 and 1940. Just over thirty were exported to Finland in the early years of World War II and more were built under license in Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Sweden, Brazil, and Argentina giving a total production of approximately 2,500. In 1940, Focke Wulf began concentrating on the design of fighters and production of the Steiglitz stopped.
Finnish Air Force, 1942
SZ-19, OH-SZH, N133JM
Pima Air & Space Museum
Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.
Charity EIN: 86-6031135
Copyright © 2019
Website by CS Design Studios
6000 E. Valencia Road Tucson, AZ 85756
Open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Daily Last admittance at 3:00pm