The North American T-28 Trojan was developed as a primary training for the U.S. Air Force in 1948 and entered service in 1950. The U.S. Navy introduced the T-28 in 1953, more than three years after it entered service with the U.S. Air Force. The Navy’s version of the aircraft, the T-28B, differed from the Air Force version primarily in having a larger engine and a three-blade propeller instead of a two-blade prop. The T-28C was basically identical to the B-model except that it added a tail hook usable for carrier landings. The Trojan served with the U.S. Navy until 1984.
Manufactured by North American Aviation, Columbus, Ohio and delivered to the U.S. Navy on May 8, 1956.
July 1965 To Fleet Reserve, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida.
September 1965 To Training Squadron 3 (VT-3), Naval Air Station Whiting Field, Florida.
May 1968 To Naval Reserve Fleet, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Florida.
Training Squadron 6 (VT-6), Whiting Field Naval Air Station, Florida, 1974
September 1968 To Training Squadron 3 (VT-3), Naval Air Station Whiting Field, Florida.
May 1971 To Naval Reserve Fleet, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida.
December 1971 To Training Squadron 6 (VT-6), Naval Air Station Whiting Field, Florida.
December 1974 To Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona for storage.
1976 Loaned to Pima Air & Space Museum by the National Naval Aviation Museum.
Pima Air & Space Museum
Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.
Charity EIN: 86-6031135
Copyright © 2019
Website by CS Design Studios
6000 E. Valencia Road Tucson, AZ 85756
Open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Daily Last admittance at 3:00pm