The Waco F series of civil biplanes were one of the most popular aircraft in their class during the 1930s and 1940s. They featured good performance and carrying capacity while being relatively inexpensive to operate. The first of the F series were introduced in 1930 with the Warner Scarab powered RNF. Over 600 F series aircraft were built between 1930 and 1942. Waco was one of the leading aircraft manufacturers leading up to World War II, but the company disappeared shortly after the end of the war. However, the F series remained popular with owners through the next several decades and many remain in service today.
Robert E. Eby, New Rochelle, New York, 1990
Pima Air & Space Museum