azithromycin generic cost plan b pill at walmart price s489 pill 50 mg keflex rx is omnicef good for strep throat

Designation: HTL-7

Bell HTL-7

Bell HTL-7

A picture of the Bell HTL-7

In May 1946, the Bell Model 47 became the first helicopter in the world to receive a commercial type certificate.  Military interest in the type was strong, and the first military versions flew in December 1946.  The Model 47 was used by all branches of the U.S. military and by many foreign nations.  The HTL-7 is the Navy’s trainer version of the Model 47J.  The first were delivered 1958 and a total of eighteen were built.  In 1962 they were re-designated as TH-13N.

Service History:

Built by Bell Helicopter Company and delivered to the U.S. Navy in August 1958.

November 1958 – To Helicopter Training Group One (HTG-1), Ellyson Field, Florida.

January 1960 – To Utility Helicopter Squadron Two (HU-2), Lakehurst Naval Air Station, New Jersey.

Wingspan 37 ft 2 in.

Diameter of Main Rotor

Length 43 ft 4 in.

Length

Height 9 ft 4 in.

Height

Weight 2,800 lbs (loaded)

Weight

Max. Speed 105 MPH

Maximum Speed

Service Ceiling 13,000 ft

Service Ceiling

Range 210 miles

Range

Engines One Lycoming O-435-6 with 240 horsepower

Engine

Crew 2

Crew


Manufacturer
Bell

Markings
Helicopter Utility Squadron Four (HU-4), Naval Air Station Lakehurst, New Jersey, 1965

Designation
HTL-7

Serial Number
145842

February 1960             To Experimental Aircraft Squadron One (VX-1), Key West Naval Air Station, Florida.

July 1960                    To Utility Helicopter Squadron Four (HU-4), Lakehurst Naval Air Station, New Jersey.

November 1960          To Experimental Aircraft Squadron One (VX-1), Key West Naval Air Station, Florida.

December 1960           To Overhaul and Repair, Jacksonville Naval Air Station, Florida.

April 1961                   To Utility Helicopter Squadron Four (HU-4), Lakehurst Naval Air Station, New Jersey.  Deployed on USS Edisto September 1962 to April 1963.  Deployed on USS Eastwind  from August 1963 to February 1964, on USS Edisto from May 1964 to August 1964, and on USS Westwind from July 1965 to October 1965.

July 1966                    To Davis-Monthan AFB for storage.

June 1967                    Declared surplus.

1969                            Loaned to Pima Air and Space Museum by United States Air Force Museum.

1976                            National Naval Aviation Museum assumes responsibility for loan.

Pima Air & Space Museum

Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.

Charity EIN: 86-6031135

Copyright © 2020
Website by CS Design Studios
Privacy Policy

Contact Info

520-574-0462

6000 E. Valencia Road Tucson, AZ 85756

Open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Daily
Last Admittance at 3:00pm