Designer Don Mitchell built his first airplane in 1929 while still in high school. Along with sailplane designer Hawley Bowlus he founded Bowlus Sailplanes Inc. in 1937. The company produced kit planes such as the “Baby Albatross.” During World War II they built CG-4A gliders for the U.S. Army. The Mitchell Wing began as a foot-launched hang glider in 1975. Soon thereafter a powered version called the B-10 followed. This version intended for homebuilders is manufactured of wood, aluminum tubing, fiberglass, and covered with fabric. Mitchell Wings have been used to set several distance and altitude records for microlight aircraft and hang gliders.
Built by Mr. Harry Warr of Riverside, California. Completed in September 1982.
November 1991 Sold to Peter McEvoy, Brea, California.
December 1993 Donated to the Pima Air & Space Museum.
Peter McEvoy, 1993
Pima Air & Space Museum
Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.
Charity EIN: 86-6031135
Website by CS Design Studios
6000 E Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85756
Open 9 AM – 5 PM Daily
Last Admittance at 3:00 PM