Designation: T-34C

Beechcraft T-34C

Beechcraft T-34C Mentor

A picture of the Beechcraft T-34C Mentor

The T-34 Mentor was developed as a private venture by the Beechcraft company in the late 1940s as an inexpensive alternative to the North American T-6 Texan. The T-34A was produced for the U.S. Air Force beginning in 1953, and the T-34B for the U.S. Navy began production two years later. Both versions were powered by piston engines. Nearly two thousand were built by factories in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and Argentina by 1959. The T-34C was developed in the 1973 at the request of the U.S. Navy and featured a change to a turbo-prop engine and other modernizations. This version was built up until 1990.

Wingspan 33 ft 4 in.

Wingspan

Length 28 ft 8 in.

Length

Height 9 ft 7 in.

Height

Weight 4,300 lbs (loaded)

Weight

Max. Speed 320 MPH

Maximum Speed

Service Ceiling 30,000 ft

Service Ceiling

Range 708 miles

Range

Engines One Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-25 turboprop with 550 horsepower

Engine

Crew 2

Crew


Manufacturer
Beechcraft

Markings
Training Air Wing 4 (TAW-4,) Naval Air Station Corpus Christy, Texas, 2011

Serial Number
164172

Designation
T-34C

Pima Air & Space Museum

Creating unlimited horizons in aerospace education through the preservation and presentation of the history of flight.

Charity EIN: 86-6031135

Copyright © 2019
Website by CS Design Studios

Contact Info

520-574-0462

6000 E. Valencia Road Tucson, AZ 85756

Open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Daily Last admittance at 3:00pm